This article describes the understanding of COVID-19 here at Camp Dismal. It is an attempt to help my readers understand the dynamics of infection spread and protective practices.
For authoritative answers to common questions, please consult the following websites having researched verified information about the disease.
- https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/question-and-answers-hub WHO public information portal.
- https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/ US CDC public information portal. May be tainted by US politics.
- https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html Johns Hopkins University tracking site.
- https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/ Virginia health department tracking site.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_modelling_of_infectious_disease A run through the math of disease spread
- https://youtu.be/gxAaO2rsdIs A wonderful video showing the form of the model, simulation runs of the model, and how public actions affect model parameters and the spread of the disease.